Thursday, August 2, 2012

Links, links links!




Haven't posted any links in a while, so I thought I'd give out some good info.  Posting may drop off for a while as I might be an interim head coach.  I will have to wait and see on what the future holds, but to be honest, I'm not looking forward to being the head man again.  Anyhow, on to those links!

Man, Coach Hoover caught my ugly mug in an otherwise good video of OJW (from the Huey board) talking about the 4-2-5 and the flexibility the defense offers when defending today's offenses.  You can check out the video here.  This video was from our FREE clinic back in early July, if you missed it, I think we might have some more, as we may have started a tradition!  Stay tuned for more information.

Brophy has a good post on Check With Me Defense, which is really becoming the wave of the future.  I mean why not?  Who says the offense has to dictate the tempo of the game, as well as what they are going to do by  how you line up?  This is a great concept, in its infant stage that I believe will catch on as the collegiate game evolves.  I don't know how much this trickles down to high school ball, but I could see it being something high school coaches could take and adapt to the smaller scale for varsity football.  As usual, Brophy also has some great links to good videos and free stuff here as well.




Over at Smart Football there's a good article on Spread Punt Protection.  Many folks have moved or are moving to this concept of punt formation.  I plan on writing an article on an interesting punt formation I have used in the past.  There never is enough information on the most important 33.3% of the game out there...special teams!  Well, Chris, over at Smart Football has got a good post, that is a must for any coach getting ready to start installing those ever important special teams!  Remember, special teams are special!  Oh, and by the way, if you haven't bought the book yet, The Essential Smart Football then please proceed to your nearest psychologist and have your head checked!



Teach to Win is a cool blog I found when searching the Internet.  Not much on X's and O's, but a lot on philosophy and coaching here.  Haven't had a ton of time to look around on the site, but definitely worth checking out.

Anyhow, season is here, so look for a post slowdown for a while.  Like I said earlier I'm working on some special teams stuff, but it probably won't be ready until after the start of the season.  Sorry, I've just been too busy.  Also don't forget to check out my other blog, The 12th Man!  A little off kilter, and more opinionated than here, but worth reading.

Later dudes,

Duece

No comments:

Post a Comment